Friday, September 27, 2013

Review: Avene Gentle Milk Cleanser

I have such a weird skin type. First I thought my skin was dry. Then someone stamped me as combination to dry skin. I was seriously doubtful of this as my T-zone which was supposedly oily was so flaky dry most of the time. Then I was diagnosed as Combination and Dehydrated. To top all of this I am even acne prone on my cheeks which I thought was hormonal but apparently it's not. So it’s a big trial and error when I am trying to choose products for my face. So as far as cleansing is concerned I try to go for something gentle. And that's how I came across the Avene Gentle Milk Cleanser.

Product Claim: Creamy, no-rinse milk cleanser formulated to gently remove make-up and cleanse skin for dry and very dry sensitive skin.


Image credited to avene.co.uk


Judgement: 

Packaging: It comes in a nice sleek white and transparent pump bottle of 200ml.

Product: There are two reasons I got this cleanser:
      It contains milk and hence lactic acid which can exfoliate and brighten up your skin tone
      It is hypoallergenic and therefore the safest bet you can place.

It is a milky creamy texture but as soon as you apply it on your face it turns out quite liquidy. It’s wonderful in the fact that I haven’t had any bad episodes of breakouts and yet super moisturizing and gentle to such an extent that you can even skip your moisturizer once in a while. I do not use it to remove makeup instead I use it in the shower just like a face wash with a little aid from a washcloth. I tried once to use it as a makeup remover but it was hopeless. So this is the way I like to apply it. Another point to be noted is that it contains the Avene thermal spring water which is supposedly proven to soothe irritated skin and hence less breakouts. So if I were to sum it up I would say this is a nice little simple cleanser nothing too sophisticated and ideal for everyday use.

Price: AED 110 (I got this on the buy 1 get 1 offer)

Available: Boots & all major pharmacies.

Verdict: I already have a backup of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment