Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Review: M.A.C Pro Longwear Paint Pot

If you're an avid YouTube viewer then you’d have probably heard Paint Pots a million times over and in particular the shade “Painterly”… So, curious about the whole paint pots I went once to M.A.C tried out the painterly, hated it and came back… It was a very pale beige color eye base/ cream shadow that looked so ridiculous on my skin tone. Now on a second trip I wanted a matte product that would neutralize my exceptionally dark eyelids to my normal skin tone so that the shadows applied would be more perceptible. And I picked up a concealor that seemed to come close to what I wanted and then the sales wanted me to try out the paint pots. At first I refused but then I gave in and she selected a random shade and OMG! I fell in love… I returned the concealor for this and went home gaily… 



Product Claim: A highly pigmented eye colour that goes on creamy but dries to an intense, vibrant finish. Long-wearing, colourfast. Creates seamless coverage without weight or caking. Blends smoothly over the lids. Cream-based, can be mixed with M·A·C shadows and liners.

Judgement:

Packaging : Glass twist open jars containing 5g of product



Product: I hate giving away the surprise but sometimes my excitement gets ahead of me and this is so true in this instance – It’s a marvelous product. It’s basically a cream eye shadow which can be worn on its own or as a base. Now in my observance I would have thought this was matte but on closer inspection I found a slight very subtle shimmer. But the M.A.C website classifies it as a frost finish. . I use it as a base and it totally hides my pigmented eyelids and prepares them for smooth shadow application. Now when applied it is initially cream but it soon sets to a powder finish. I chose the shade Groundwork which is a mid tone neutral taupe. Now what it does is that instead of projecting super lustrous and shimmery eyeshadows it kind of mutes those colors and lowers the intensity to everyday wearable colors. It is perfect in all terms because it lasts all day and does not crease let alone budge. But at the same time it is effortless to remove while cleansing your face. Now of course I wanted to buy the other colors that suited me but the only thing that held me back is that I heard they dry up quite fast and are hence rendered unusable. So I thought I put a serious dent in this before any further purchases.






Price: AED 105/- 

Availability: M.A.C Counters can be found in AD Mall, Al Wahda Mall and Marina Mall

Verdict: Will definitely purchase again but this one pot is going to last for quite a long time...


No comments:

Post a Comment