Monday, October 7, 2013

M.A.C Haul

I have never been much of a M.A.C girl and there are two solid reasons for that:


A. I'm going to be unabashedly frank about this one: the customer service of M.A.C outlets in Abu Dhabi are terrible or at least was terrible until now. In a M.A.C store at least for me and some friends I know, we never had the liberty of trying out M.A.C products and expressing out discontent in them. We were literally threatened into buying these products with snooty stares and that the story of how I purchased the M.A.C Studio Fix Fluid in NW40 which is neither suitable for my skin type or tone.

B. The second reason is that their products are expensive and for the price you're paying the sales better butter me up like Cleopatra.


So after years of giving a blind eye to M.A.C I decided to try my luck this time and amazingly things turned around much better. Of course the prices were still high but a wonderful sales girl is to be blamed for this haul. She is Ms Deema and not only was she an expert (she took one look at me and knew what tone I was) but she was patient and sensitive to my needs without loading me with products. This was purchased in two trips spanned over a month or two apart. So let's get into it....


1. Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Deep Dark 10g - AED 135


I have heard so much about the mineralize line that I have been dying to try it forever. These are basically multipurpose mineral pressed powders that can be used as powder, bronzer or highlighter. I chose the shade Deep Dark to be used as a bronzer.



M.A.C Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Deep Dark

2. Mineralize Blush in Gleeful 3.5g - AED 130

This is a highly pigmented deep berry pink with a touch of brick red undertone and lots of fine gold shimmer perfect for the fall/winter.



M.A.C Mineralize Blush in Gleeful


3. Paint Pot in Groundwork 5g - AED 105


This is a line of cream eyeshadows from MAC but most often used as eye base/primer. I too bought it for the same reason. I have extremely dark eyelids which make it seem that I'm always rocking a smokey eye so to obtain the actual color of eyeshadows on them I have to use a base that lightens it. This is a taupe-y brown color and has a smooth creamy texture. Click here for full review



M.A.C Paintpot in Groundwork 


4. Face & Body Foundation in C6 50ml - AED 165


This is one of the best foundations for dry skin. It has a very light coverage almost like a BB cream and is very runny in consistency but the finish is a very pretty dewy look. There is no SPF mentioned.



M.A.C Face And Body Foundation in C6

5. Studio Finish Concealer in NW35 7g - AED 110


This is a really heavy duty concealer with a matte finish and hence not the best for dry skin but when you use it underneath the face and body foundation it is perfect. It mentions an SPF 35 though I wonder what the benefit is...



M.A.C Studio Finish Concealer in NW35

Availability: M.A.C stores can be found in AD Mall, Al Wahda Mall and Marina Mall

No comments:

Post a Comment