Friday, September 27, 2013

Review: Bioderma Sensibio H2O

Hello Ladies

Hope your day was awesome.. So lets get right down to business..Before we go any further I just want to say this in a very short and simple way: I totally love this product and I cannot imagine any other cleanser performing better than this..

Product Claim: Specially formulated for sensitive, normal to dry skins, the Sensibio H2O micelle solution gently cleanses face and eyes. It removes water-resistant make-up while maintaining the skin’s balance (soap-free, physiological pH). It’s soothing and decongesting active ingredients prevent the feelings of irritation often caused by cleansing. Sensibio H2O guarantees excellent cutaneous and ocular tolerance (tested under ophthalmological supervision).


Image credited to Bioderma.com


Judgement:

Packaging: It comes in deluxe size of 250ml and travel size of 100ml.

Product: So one fine day I was removing my makeup with my usual makeup remover and cotton and repeating the application until the cotton pad remained clean. Then because the remover was a bit a bit heavy and creamy on my face I opened up the Bioderma (for the first time!), squeezed a few drops onto my cotton ball and swiped it over my face. I was shocked.. The cotton round was so dirty.. Wish I could show it to you guys to prove my point but I guess it would be gross… And I realized that my makeup remover was not doing its job. After the application I felt so clean and fresh. It did not irritate my skin, cause any breakouts or dry it out. It was perfect. That instant I was certain that I would purchase the deluxe size soon.. So this is how I use it… I first remove all visible traces of makeup from my face using my ordinary removers or olive oil or any moisturizer then over it I use the Bioderma since this is on the expensive side and I’d like to save it up..

Now a little into technicalities:
Bioderma H2O is a micellar solution.. Whoaaa now what’s that? Lets break it down guys..

A micellar solution consists of a dispersion of micelles in a solvent (most usually water)

micelle is an aggregate of surfactants.

Surfactants are compounds that lower the surface tension between two liquids or between a liquid and a solid.

So in layman language I would describe Bioderma Sensibio as containing certain compounds (that can break down the oil and makeup) in a base as water.

And this is exactly what it is. You can feel the luxury of cleansing your face with simple water and yet obtain the confidence of removing every inch of makeup or dirt. I cannot stress how beautifully this product works.

Price: Travel size 100ml = AED 33

Available: In most pharmacies and Boots

Verdict: Will absolutely and most definitely repurchase again.

No comments:

Post a Comment